Start Talking Science
Thursday, August 21, 2014
6:00 PM-8:00 PM
Start Talking Science is an event open to the public where STEM researchers will present posters aimed at a non-technical audience.
- Meet local scientists and discuss their ground-breaking research
- Interested in dark matter? Talk about it with a particle physicist!
- Intrigued by circadian rhythms and sleep patterns? Discuss them with a neuroscientist!
- Talk to the director of a forensic science department!
- Learn about magnetic nanoparticles!
Start Talking Science plans to increase public awareness of — and interest in — the cutting-edge research taking place in the Philadelphia area; to provide an atmosphere for individuals from various technical backgrounds to network, share ideas, and collaborate; and to strengthen the communication skills of local scientists in a non-traditional format.
Chemical Heritage Foundation, 315 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106