DSLP | Communication
Monday, October 21, 2013
10:30 AM-11:30 AM
Drexel Student Learning Priorities | Communication
Facebook; twitter; texting; skype. Clearly it’s pretty easy to communicate these days. Is there any more to learn about how to get information across to others? At Drexel the answer is yes. One of the twelve Drexel Student Learning Priorities is Communication. We’d like to invite you to an interesting conversation about writing, speaking, Drexel and you. Some questions for discussion during our session:
• Why do Engineers (Chemists, Biologists … you name it) have to take ENGL 101?
• What is a Writing Intensive Course and why should you care?
• How do you know if your writing is getting better?
• What is the Reflective Analysis that you have to write at the end of co-op—and what does it say about your writing and thinking skills?
• Why bother with a writing portfolio (what’s in it for me?)?
In addition to participating in group discussions, you will leave the session with a clearer understanding of how writing fits into your Drexel education and how you can use your writing portfolio to market yourself for scholarships, fellowships, and graduate (and medical/law) school.
Date: Monday, October 21, 2013
Time: 10:30 AM – 11:30 AM
Location: MacAlister 2019, Chestnut Street Philadelphia PA 19104
Presenter: Dr. Karen Nulton, Director of the Writing Assessment, Department of English and Philosophy
Refreshments will be served. Promotional materials will be distributed to all students that attend the event.