Carolyn Bitzer, PhD
Adjunct Faculty, Women's Studies
Office: MacAlister 2024
- PhD, Urban Affairs and Public Policy, University of Delaware, 2003
- Curriculum Design and Delivery
- Strategic Planning and Program Management
- Real World Assessment and Evaluation
- Women's and Gender Studies Pedagogy
- Feminist New Media for Instructional Use
- Linking Instructional Methods and Outcome Goals
- Qualitative Research
- Multigenerational Gender Equity in Sustainable Development
Carolyn Bitzer teaches gender and women's studies and incorporates innovative, engaging new media assignments in her courses. Over the past decade, she received grants and funding to design or co-design curriculum and coursework. Her work has enabled students to create short video documentaries in introductory courses, a capstone experience, and while a studying abroad (University of Delaware). Her students' work has been showcased at conferences and on academic and community webpages.
- Presenter, Lilly-East Conference on College and University Teaching, 2008 and 2009.
- Annual Presenter, UD Faculty Institute, 2006-09.
- Workshop Presenter, UD Faculty Writing Across the Curriculum Program, 2007.
- Presenter, National Women’s Studies Association Annual Conference, 2007, 2008, 2009.
- “Student Multimedia Design Projects: Going Abroad.” Carolyn Bitzer, End-Final Report for 2007-2008
UD Instructional Grants, Center for Teaching Effectiveness.
- “The Study Abroad Class Blog: Chronicling Students’ Experiences and Indian Feminists Efforts.”
- Carolyn Bitzer, Feminist Collections: A Quarterly of Women’s Studies Resources, v. 27, nos. 2-3