Office: MacAlister 2024
- B.A. Fine Arts and English, Amherst College 1986
- M.A. English, Indiana University, 1987
- M.A. and Ph.D. Classical Studies, University of Pennsylvania 1993, 1995
- Popular Culture
- Race, Gender and Identity
- Post-Colonial and Global Literature
In addition to teaching, Jacqui Sadashige has written film reviews for scholarly and popular publications, been a board member of the Black Lily Film and Music Festival, and worked in Arts Education at the Center for Community Partnerships in West Philadelphia. She is particularly interested in popular culture and international cinema. Jacqui is also passionate about the body - its cultural representations and physical construction. When not in the classroom, she can often be found teaching yoga and other forms of health and fitness throughout the city.
- "Catullus and the Gift of Sentiment in Republican Rome." in Osteen, Mark, ed., The Question of the Gift: Essays Across Disciplines. Routledge 2002.
- "Sweeping the Sands: Geographies of Desire in the English Patient." Literature/Film Quarterly, vol 26, No. 4. Jan 1998.