Drexel University's co-op program is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected programs in the world. Students alternate between periods of full time employment and classroom study and employers gain energetic young professionals, who produce quality work. The co-op program provides the opportunity for a student's smooth transition into the work force and encourages fresh prospectives and suggestions which may lead to significant conclusions and a lasting impact, as these students pursue their careers.
As of 2011, the top 10 co-op employers for the Civil, Architectural, & Environmental Engineering Department were: AECOM/DMJM Harris, Catania Engineering Associates, EwingCole, Exelon Corporation, HNTB Corporation, Pennoni Associates, Inc., Philadelphia Capital Program Office, Philadelphia Housing Authority, Philadelphia Streets Department, and the Philadelphia Water Department.
The Drexel Co-op program offers students the opportunity to:
- Get a head start on their career by working for top employers
- Learn invaluable networking skills and develop professional contacts
- Experience one or more career fields before graduating
- Obtain the skills needed to successfully compete in the workforce
- Apply the skills learned in class
For more information on Drexel's co-op program, please contact the Steinbright Career Development Center.