Biology Graduate Student Association (BGSA)
The Biology Graduate Student Association (BGSA) encourages and facilitates outreach programs between biology graduate students and the surrounding community. Whether helping to pick-up trash at a local park, or volunteering at a local high school science fair, our members are willing and able to donate their time.
BGSA members have recently participated in the following activities:
- BGSA and Drexel Sierra club hosted the Storm Drain Labeling event in May 2010, with over 25 students working to minimize run-off into our local environment and drinking water. Philadelphia storm drains were labeled: “No dumping! Drains to the river.”
- BSGA volunteered for the 4th Annual Philly Spring Cleanup, picking up litter along the Delaware River Trail.
Expert Scientist Volunteers/Judges
- The Pennsylvania Junior Academy of Science’s annual science fair at Cheltenham High School.
- Marine Academy of Technology and Environmental Science Research Day in Barnegat, NJ
- The National Ocean Sciences Bowl “Shore Bowl” in Princeton, NJ
Our efforts to sustain a lasting impact upon the Drexel and Philadelphia communities as responsible citizens continue to grow thanks to our new outreach-oriented position: Service Chair. Please contact the 2010-2011 Service Chair, Ms. Shuana Henley for any further information.