Jiu Jiang, Ph.D., M.D.
Research Associate Professor
Office: PISB 411
Phone: (215) 895-0548
Lab: PISB 411
Lab Phone: (215) 895-1305
- M.S., M.D., Bengbu Medical College, Bengbu, P.R. China
- Ph.D., Shanghai Second Medical University, Shanghai, P.R. China
- Post-Doc, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
Aging is associated with decreased expansion of T cells upon stimulation. By using influenza virus, LCMV and TCR transgenic mice, I am working on the mechanisms of impairment of specific CD8 T cell response in aged mice, which may have an important implication for understanding the alteration of immune response in aged individuals.
- Masopust D, Jiang J, Shen H and Lefrancois L. 2001. Direct analysis of the dynamics of the intestinal mucosa CD8 T cell response to systemic virus infection. J Immunol 166(4): 2348-2356.
Jiang J, Anaraki F, Blank KJ, Murasko DM. 2003. Cutting Edge: T cells from Aged Mice are Resistant to Depletion Early during Virus Infection. J Immunol 171(7): 3353-3357.
Jiang J, Zenewicz LA, Mateo LRS, Lau LL and Shen H. 2003. Activation of antigen-specific CD8 T cells results in minimal killing of bystander bacteria. J Immunol 171(11): 6032-6038.
Jiang J, Lau LL and Shen H. 2003. Selective depletion of non-specific T cells during the early stage of immune responses to infection. J Immunol 171(8): 4352-4358.
- Zheng S, Jiang J, Shen H and Chen YH. 2004. Reduced Apoptosis and Ameliorated Listeriosis in TRAIL-Null Mice. J Immunol 173(9): 5652-5658.
- Murasko DM, and Jiang J. 2005. Response of aged mice to primary virus infections. Immunol Rev 205(3):285-296.(invited contribution)
- Lau LL*, Jiang J *, and Shen H. 2005. Modulation of the T cell response and protective immunity by TCR antagonism during bacterial infection. J Immunol 174(12): 7970-7976.(*contributed equally)
Jiang J, Gross D, Nogusa S, Elbaum P, and Murasko DM. 2005. Role of IFN-I in depletion of non-specific T cells: differences between young and aged mice. J Immunol 175(3):1820-1826.
Jiang J, Elbaum P, Gross D, and Murasko DM. 2007. Aging Affects Initiation and Continuation of T Cell Proliferation. Mech Ageing Dev 128 (4):332-339.
Jiang J, Bennett AJ, Fisher E, Williams-Bey Y, Shen H, and Murasko DM. 2009. Limited Expansion of Virus-Specific CD8 T Cells in the Aged Environment. Mech Ageing Dev 130 (11-12):713-721.
Jiang J, Fisher E, Bennett AJ, and Murasko DM. 2010. Enhancement of Virus-Specific Expansion of Transgenic CD8 T Cells in Aged Mice by Dendritic Cells. Mech Ageing Dev 131 (9):580-583.
Jiang J, Fisher E, and Murasko DM. 2011. CD8 T Cell Responses to Influenza Virus Infection in Aged Mice. Ageing Res Rev (accepted)