Congratulations! This year marks the 50-year anniversary of our graduation from Drexel and entry into the Golden Dragon Society. Now it's time to celebrate! Please plan to join us for our 50-year Reunion celebration on Friday, May 2, 2014 at Alumni Weekend. The Drexel University Alumni Association will commemorate our milestone reunion and welcome us into the Golden Dragon Society with the Golden Dragon Induction, Pinning and Awards Ceremony; a class photograph; a luncheon; a campus tour, and much more.
Registration is now open for the Class of 1964's 50-year Reunion!
You may register on the Alumni Weekend website, using the registration form on the back of the invitation you received in the mail, or by calling 1.888.384.7237.
After you register, here are some other ways you can help us prepare for this special day.
- Volunteer with us on the Class of 1964 Reunion Committee. As a Committee member you'll have a hand in planning our reunion activities, inviting classmates back to campus and visiting University Archives to page through old photos and memorabilia for inclusion in the Class of 1964 Memory Book. Help us make our reunion the best it can be!
- Send in your Memory Book entry page. At Reunion, we will each receive a complimentary Class of 1964 Memory Book which is a keepsake of Drexel memories and photos, as well as entry pages from each of us. Think of it as an updated version of our 1964 Lexerd. Make sure you're part of the Memory Book; instructions for submitting your entry page are included below.
- Find lost alumni. We want to spread the word about our 50-year Reunion to as many Golden Dragons as possible. Please take a moment to review the list of "Lost Alumni" from the Class of 1964 that was mailed to you in the fall. If you know anyone on the list, encourage them to update their contact information with Cindy Leesman '83 at 1.888.384.7237 or email@example.com.
- Join your classmates and participate in Reunion Giving. Celebrate your Reunion by making a gift in honor of your class. Your contributions help to increase scholarship support given to students and advance Drexel’s mission of academic excellence. By making it a group effort, you will help your class reach its goal of endowing a $25,000 scholarship to benefit students in perpetuity!
We look forward to seeing you in May! For some, it might be your first trip back to campus in 50 years. An invitation will arrive in early 2014 with a complete list of Alumni Weekend activities. In the meantime, mark your calendars for our 50-year Reunion Celebration!
|Richard Weggel, BS '64|
Reunion Committee Member
|Joyce (Fritz) Byers '64, Hon. '02|
Reunion Committee Member
We will send out Alumni Weekend email newsletters to the Class of 1964. To make sure you get yours, update your email address by contacting the Office of Alumni Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1.888.384.7237.
For information on the Drexel University College of Medicine's 50th Reunion activities, click here. Reunion events are being planned especially for the Hahnemann and Woman's Medical College of Pennsylvania Classes of 1964!
Below are the simple instructions on how to fill out and submit materials for the Class of 1964 Memory Book. You will receive your Memory Book at Reunion on Friday, May 2, and will have time to enjoy looking through it with your classmates throughout the day. If you are part of the Memory Book but cannot attend Reunion, it will be mailed to you.
- Handwrite or type your entry on a blank sheet of paper and mail it to the address below or type and email it to email@example.com. You can also submit your entry page online.
Mailing Memory Book materials? Send them to:
Drexel University Office of Alumni Relations
Paul Peck Alumni Center
3141 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Attn: Memory Book
- Mail or email a recent photograph of yourself and it will be included with your entry. Photographs will be returned.
- The deadline to submit your entry page, photograph, and order form is Friday, March 21, 2014. If you do not get a confirmation email or phone call within two weeks of submitting your materials, please contact Cindy Leesman '83 at 1-888-384-7237 or firstname.lastname@example.org. It is recommended that you save a backup version/photocopy of your entry page in the event that it is not received.
- If you have any questions, please contact Cindy Leesman '83 at 1.888.384.7237 or email@example.com.