As a new or returning student organization leader, you have questions and need resources. The OCA website can be a resource 24/7 and the staff via email, in the office, or by phone. This page is designed to host the most frequent information you need as a leader, but please also browse through the other webpages in the Student Orgs section at www.drexel.edu/oca/so.
*Please note: Additional policies to be added in coming weeks.*
Every student organization must get recognized/registered every year (July 1-June 30). To learn more about getting recognized/registered, visit http://www.drexel.edu/oca/so/recognition.asp.
SOOT (Student Organization Orientation Training)
SOOT workshops provide and overview of polices and procedures. If want to review, reference, or share the presentation, please visit www.drexel.edu/OCA/so/SOOT.asp for complete details and downloadable presentation.
Finances & SAFAC
To learn more about managing your finances and policies and procedures, visit www.drexel.edu/safac.
Off-Campus Events/Activities Policies
• Events can be held off-campus:
(1) in case it can not physically be held on Drexel’s campus and/or
(2) with the approval from OC
• OCA needs to sign any / all contracts:
• Students should not sign any agreements/contracts on behalf of your
• Contracts may also still need to be processed through OCA for certain
services, since this is a Drexel University student group event (ie: DJ,
inflatable rides, etc…)
• Student organizations may not hold events at off-campus venues that generate 50.1% or more of its revenue from alcohol (ie: bars, taverns, etc…)
• Student activity fees (17-account funds) can be used for off-campus events with OCA/SAFAC
Bake Sales and Potlucks
We have heard your requests and worked with offices around campus to make Bake Sales and Potlucks a possibility for student organizations. All groups who are interested in hosting these types of events need to read the guidelines.
These are effective as of June 1, 2006. Because we are piloting Potlucks for one year and both Potlucks and Bake Sales are new privileges, this initial year of implementation and compliance is critical for continuance of this program.
If you have questions, please direct them to the OCA staff prior to hosting your event.
To learn more, contact OCA at 215-895-1328 or askOCA@drexel.edu.