Street Family Health Services: Guiding Principles
In conjunction with Drexel University’s Depart of Human Resources the center conducted an Organizational Assessment and Improvement Initiative in 2007. All staff of the center was involved in the assessment which led to increased team building, job satisfaction and improved patient services. A set of Guiding Principles was developed to establish a foundation for the center’s shared culture for both patients and staff.
- We put the patient first and follow a model of care that uses our resources wisely to provide for the needs of our patients, our staff and our community.
- We work in partnership with the community and the University to improve the health status of the community.
- We provide services based on community defined needs.
- We provide access to high quality health care for all regardless of their ability to pay.
- We collaborate and communicate with the utmost integrity to support an environment of trust and respect among our patients/clients, staff and community.
- We are dedicated, enthusiastic, highly skilled staff who are committed to providing care and service. We value diversity, respect the dignity of all and accept the uniqueness of individuals.
- We promote innovation and a willingness to try new approaches with vitality, energy and enthusiasm in order to support change and foster growth.